Wednesday, July 14, 2010

OH HOW I LOVE MY BABY GIRL!!!!!!

So, she's here!!!!  Karis Donna-Nicole arrived on Friday July 2nd at 5:48pm.  The day began for me at about 3:45am with my first real contraction.  This woke me from sleep.  I had been have some "practice contractions" for weeks but were not painful.  These had a "kick" to them :)  I drifted back to sleep off and on until 6:30am when they were getting a bit stronger and totally interrupting my slumber!!  I got out of bed and started my day quite earlier than usual...I thought that this definitely had to be "IT".  I decided that I needed to get the laundry done...just in case.  I did some folding in between contractions and explained to the boys that mommy was going to be having some pains and that I was ok.  I told them not to be worried and that these pains were my body getting ready for their baby sister to be born.  I called Rob and let him know that this may be it.  I was quite anxious sitting at work and decided to come home after my contractions kept getting a bit harder and closer together.  He and I both didn't want him driving home when I finally decided that this was indeed "IT".  He tend to drive a little aggressive as it is....we both could see him driving 90mph to get here with his adrenaline pumping.  So...fast forward a couple of hours.  I decided that when they were coming harder and at 4mins apart that I should probably get to the hospital soon.  BUT...the boys needed lunch first and we had to call Grandpa and G'ma to come sit with them.  I kept finding things to do and stopping in pain every few minutes to breathe through the pain :)  Dawn (G'ma) said that I really should get to the hospital and I agreed.  OK HUBBY, IT'S TIME!!!!  It was probably 1pm but this time.
So, we got to the hospital and it to 20 darn mins for them to get me in!!  Rob was getting quite annoyed as I had to chair to sit in and the contractions were beginning to kick my ass :)  They got me into the room and check me and I was almost 7cm!!!  I was impressed that I had waited and toughed it out for so long.  At the same time I was getting concerned that I would not have enough time to get my epidural :)  I got my room and they gave me an IV and had to finish one bag before they'd give me the drugs :)  BOOOO!!!  Roger and Kelly arrived after not to long.  I was in pretty good spirits between contractions.  After the epidural was in they broke my water and I was at 9cm and we knew that she'd be here very soon!!  Not even and hour later it was time to push :)   YAY!!!!  Kelly was at my head on the left and Rob by my side on the right and Uncle Roger was in the corner trying like hell not to see anything!  He eventually got very curious when she began to come out and asked Kelly if it "was safe".  He was right there next to his brother now.  I pushed for like 10 mins total and she came into the world kicking and screaming.  I will say that once again I was lucky to have a pretty quick and easy labor.  We let everyone know that she'd arrived and my Mom and sister were on their way the next day.  Karis and I both checked out great!  My only complaint is that with the boys they were out on my chest right away....they took Karis directly over to the warmer and did all of their tests right away.  I probably waited 15mins until she was in my arms...it seemed like an hour!!  I could see her but I had not laid eyes on her beautiful face.  When I finally got my hands on her I was SO HAPPY!   Of course I cried and Daddy was crying as well!!  I don't think that there was a dry eye in the room....as it should be :)  Our baby girl was healthy and here!!

We were released from the hospital after just 24hours.  My body is a pro at this and I was ready to roll out of there!  I got no sleep the night that I was there...that bed was horrible!  We got to come home to a house full of our loved ones!  This is something that I have never experienced.  It was wonderful!!!  The neighbors were having a huge 4th of July party and the boys were having a blast.  I even went outside to show off my new baby girl to all of the neighbors.  I enjoyed some fireworks and enjoyed the company of the family.  It was a great night.
SO, there's the birth story :)  She is here and she is a great baby...we love her so much already.  The boys are still in awe and spend most of their time outside and come in to get a drink and check their baby sister.  Rylan is the most concerned about her.  So, the Gibson family is now complete.  Baby Karis is the sweet little cherry on top of an already awesome family!!!  

3 comments:

Adrianne P. said...

You always make me cry with your posts!!! The birth story is soooo incredibly sweet!! :) I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys:) Sounds like things went great! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your beautiful girl.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad things went so well for your last baby! Great birth story!