Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's been awhile....

Well, I have not posted in awhile so here's one.  Let's see.....not a whole lot going on here besides waiting on Karis to make her debut.  I am 38 weeks pregnant today, just 2 weeks left until her due date.  I have already started some progression and am having some contractions.  She's still happy where she is for now though.  We're both still having perfect check-ups at the doctors office.  I am also feeling pretty darn good too except for some minor aches and pains and some insomnia.  As far as losing sleep....it's inevitable anyways, why not start now?  We are all ready for her...clothes washed, bed made up, everything put together, diapers bought....all we need is her :)  It's nice to know that we're all done and still have some time left.  Everyone is anxious to meet her and everybody has their own time frame that they are hoping she will arrive in.  Uncle Roger goes out of town for work and would love to have her come like now.  My sister has vacation from school coming up so she's pulling for then.  Well folks, we're on Karis time now :)  The boys all know that she can now come at anytime and that she will come when she's ready.  They are getting excited for sure!!  Rob and I are too.  I'm not in a real rush but, am finding myself getting very excited to meet her.  I will definitely miss being pregnant...I am really enjoying her movement...this is the last time so I am trying to remember it all.

Kelly (my sis-n-law) recently did some maternity photos for me.  Her brother did my hair and I managed to put some make-up on decently.  We dealt with a completely cloudy day!!  BUMMER!  She still did her best and I was still very happy with what she got.  I know that she wasn't all that happy because there's not much you can do when lighting is off.  Here are some of our favorites!

   












I'm VERY glad that we did these!!!  I will have them forever to cherish this time that went by so fast compared to how long I will love her.  I feel so close to her already.  I don't think I felt as close with the boys when I was pregnant with them.  I think it's because I am just so much more in tune with who I am.  I was so scared when I was pregnant with the boys...it was so new and I didn't know what I was doing.  I have some confidence now.  Bring it on!!  I know it is NOT going to be easy but, I am ready to do this. 

The next post will be to announce her arrival!!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so close! You really are looking great, I am so glad you are still feeling well. I tried to make myself enjoy the entire pregnancy, not being sure if it is my last, and did well until the end. The last two or three weeks I had such bad swelling it made me pretty miserable. I can't wait to hear all about Karis' arrival and to see the pictures!