Well folks, May is winding down and things are getting ready to change dramatically around here. Today is Rylan's last day of Kindergarten and Mason's last day is on Friday (a 2 hr. day....what's the point???). It has been quite hot here of May since this weekend, like up to 90 a few times! The boys have already been enjoying being shirtless and shoeless...I wish I could play on the slip and slide!! That would be a quick way to get the baby out, LOL!!!
Speaking of Karis.....the due date is quickly approaching!
July 8th is just 43 days away and she will be full term ans technically "ready" in just 3 weeks. How do I feel about this? Well, I guess I'm ready to do this. I am excited to meet her and see what a little girl Gibby/Alles combo looks like. I am looking forward to nursing her, getting to know her and have her look deep into my eyes as she falls asleep. I am slowly remembering just how hard having a squishy little newborn is though.....diapers, crying, soreness, lack of sleep, oh and the hormones. All of that goes so fast when you look back though, so bring it on! The newborn stage is so amazing. They are 100% dependent on you and as much as that is very intimidating, it is also very rewarding. She's my last little bitty baby so I will not be in any hurry for her to grow up!!! I have really enjoyed this pregnancy minus the daily small complaints but, as we come to the end I am getting more ready to meet her. I think that Rylan is anticipating her arrival the most. He mentions her often and wonders when she is coming out. We have a countdown on our bathroom mirror with dry erase marker that we have just switched to days from weeks. So, now it's everyday that we get to change the number :) We call it the "Karis Countdown". It seems like just a couple of months ago that we found out, it has gone so fast and is already almost over. I will miss her movements and hiccups and knowing that she is safe with Mommy while on the inside. Life will be so much different around here in just a few short weeks....ready or not, here she comes!!
We have a "Gibby Family Fun Day" or G.F.F.D planned for this coming Sunday. All of us, plus Roger, Kelly, Grandpa and G-Ma Dawn are going out for an all day trip. We're headed to Indiana Dunes State Park to have some beginning of summer fun! Hiking, the beach of Lake Michigan, BBQ, playground and plenty of nature!! I am so excited to get out of here and do something...even if I am sore and tired while doing it or later. It will all be worth it to make memories with the family!
Wednesday is the maternity photo shoot that Kelly and I have been looking forward to for weeks!! I can't wait to see the awesome shots that I KNOW she is capable of!! I just hope that I don't screw them up!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nu%3D3279)%3B(6)46%3B)WSNRCG%3D3359+492(532+nu0mrj.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment