I must say that I am absolutely stoked when I see the beautiful colors of spring! I don't have any early spring bulbs but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy my neighbors' :) The weather has been gorgeous enough lately that when we have a yucky day I am ok with it. After all, these April showers will bring May flowers! I planted some seeds in my pots for the first time...it's so amazing to see life growing from this tiny seed I buried in the dirt just a week or so ago :) I planted some marigolds (I like them because they are tough, animals don't eat them, and of course they are the color of the sun), black-eyed susans, white daisy's, and some huge sunflowers! I am trying some red hibiscus bush seeds from mom and dad but they will take awhile to sprout (if they do). Fingers crossed!
The boys are really loving spending so much time outside...I am too :) School will be out in no time at all. They will be out by the end of May. Part of me is looking forward to it so we can just have relaxing mornings. BUT, I know that they will quickly get on my nerves. Yes, it happens. It seems to happen more so the bigger I get. The patience runs thin quickly on some days. Them being outside definitely give all of us a break from each other that is necessary.
Speaking of being here in no time at all....Karis is due in just 12 weeks! That's 3 months!!! She will be technically Full Term in 9 weeks, so she could be here anytime between 9 and 14 weeks. I must say that I am not prepared mentally (not sure if I even will be until they send me home with her). I think that's how it has gone each time. When I was sent home with Rylan I got home, sat his car seat down, looked at him and said "now what ?". Thank God for motherly instinct...we figured things out and still are. That was the beginning of where my life truly began, it's amazing how far we have all come. We have grown so much....by number as well as emotionally as a family. The boys are still excited about Karis and are starting to ask when she will be coming out. I tell them it's still a long time because their "soon" is different than my and Rob's "soon". Mason is old enough to get that 3 months isn't very long though. I am fine with her right where she is for the time being. I go back and forth....
My sister is going to throw me a baby shower here in a couple of weeks back home at Mom and Dad's house. Just something simple and small, a BBQ party type thing. I've not had a shower before because of being so far away from everyone when I had Rylan and Aiden. So, I am excited to celebrate the life of Karis Nicole Gibson. For me (especially since I'm not a first time Mom) it's not about the "stuff", it will just be nice to have people that I care about come together to visit. I don't get to visit everybody when I come to town for visits. People I care about, yummy foods and cake.....what more could I ask for? :-)
Also, My totally awesome sister in law Kelly is going to do my first ever maternity photos! I am really excited. We are going to do them at the Arboretum in early June (hopefully the 1st, if the weather plays nicely). He brother (also totally talented) Ryan will hopefully be available to do his magic on my hair. I really love the photos that she takes...she is able to catch what my boys really look like, no fancy lights or lame props....she uses natural light and the sunshine looks beautiful on everyone! I am really looking forward to seeing what she captures!! Also, the Arboretum should be so beautiful!! By then we will be counting down by days instead of weeks.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nu%3D3279)%3B(6)46%3B)WSNRCG%3D3359+492(532+nu0mrj.jpg)
1 comment:
Ok, seriously?!? Why do I always get teary-eyed when I read your posts and updates?!?!? I guess it's because I can feel the love flowing through your words about your family and especially in reference to your kids. :) I really wish we lived closer to each other!!!! :(
Post a Comment