I love the rumble of a good storm! It may be dreary and ugly outside but these March showers mean that winter is DONE! Sure, it's rain, but it's not snow. BOY, do I welcome it with open arms!! ALL the snow is gone! I woke this morning to thunder and lightning. (I actually thought it was Rob playing his war video games downstairs at first) I woke up a little bit more and realized what it really was. It was actually very calming. T-storms remind me of home...Dad is a big T-storm fan and he loved hanging out on the porch when we were little to watch them. The thunder and lightning don't scare me at all...to me it's really neat. Weather is pretty cool in my opinion. We are getting much closer to me being able to plant my bulbs!!
Today is Mason's 9th birthday. It seems like not so long ago that I met him for the first time when he was 3 and a half. He looked just like his Daddy....still does. His chubby cheeks and lingering baby fat, he was a cutie!! Now, he is developing into a handsome young man. He has changed so much since those first days. He was so quiet and unsure of himself and his surroundings. He has grown to trust people more and more. He is such a big boy now. He is becoming a little better at making the "right choice" instead of the popular choice. That is such a hard thing to teach. He is a very good big brother and he can't wait to help with baby Karis. He is just a very giving boy and LOVES to help. He has come a long way since moving in full time with us....all he needed was some discipline and structure in his life. I am SO glad that he is here with us. I didn't know how it was going to work but we jumped at the chance to get custody of him and I could not imagine him not being here! He is SUCH a good boy, strangers tell me all the time :)
We are going to wait to do his b'day party until the weekend after this one. We had a death in the family and not everyone is back here in Illinois yet. He says he understands but I know it must be hard to wait, no one likes to wait! We are going to go out to dinner tomorrow night (his choice) and give him one of his gifts (a watch) tonight. So, he should be at peace for the time being :)
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
nu%3D3279)%3B(6)46%3B)WSNRCG%3D3359+492(532+nu0mrj.jpg)
2 comments:
You should get the "Mommy of the Year" award!! You're such an awesome person and even more awesome Mom! Never forget that!!! :)
My dad is a complete thunderstorm freak too...totally fueled by his days in the fire station when it was his job to go out during thunderstorms to monitor for fires! So I too find them completely awesome and relaxing:) Hope Mason has a fabulous birthday.
Post a Comment