Friday, March 5, 2010

It's yearly check-up time!!!

With these boys having birthdays, that also means it's time to head to the doctor.  Lucky for me, they LOVE their pediatrician and actually look forward to seeing Dr. Russell.  Usually these are referred to as Well Child visits...well all three of my boys have Bronchitis.  All three got a script for an antibiotic....thanks Daddy for sharing those germs!!  I pretty much suspected this for the past week but waited until their already scheduled appointments.  I had a few questions with Rylan and Aiden.  Aiden has these little bumps on the backs of his arms, sides of thighs and on his cheeks.  He has actually had for years and I was told it was dry skin from some Air Force Doc.  I brushed it off and figured it was a type of eczema that didn't really have a treatment.  I was right.  He said it's not a big deal as long as it doesn't bother him (it doesn't seem to).  He said I could use hydracortisone if I wanted.  I don't like it on his face...it been getting red lately, so I'll try that on his face.

Rylan is being seen by an Ophthalmologist (an actual medical doctor specializing in the health of the eye as an organ) next week.  He is having issues with double vision, focusing on objects/people, tracking objects and headaches.  He also has a "droopy eye appearance".  His vision is fine.  So, we will soon see what the issue is and where we go from here.  This is giving him issues in school.  I feel horrible about it, as a mother we all want our babies to be perfect.   It broke my heart when, the day after a musical program they did, he said that he saw "two mommies" when he was on the stage.  All that week he was mentioning "seeing two" and I thought he was just doing silly things with his eyes (crossing them).  It was then that I knew we had to investigate this with a specialist.  The school nurse agreed.  I will be sure to update when we sort this out.

Mason has no issues that I need to ask the Doc about.  His teeth are finally growing in (after like 7 months!) and he seems to be growing like a weed these days.  Only a few years until he will be as tall I am.  Even the Doctor said what a great boy he is...I really am so very lucky to have him!
  
They are three handsome, healthy, well adjusted and pretty darn well behaved boys that have no real health issues.  Always good news!

STATS:
Mason-@9 years old- Weight, 57lbs (gained 7 since October)....26th percentile  Height, 4' 2" (also grew a couple inches since October)....13th percentile.  I was thinking that I was crazy because it seems like he got bigger since late fall.  Mason's body is trying to catch up!!

Rylan- @6 years old- Weight, 39lbs 12.8oz....9th percentile  Height, 3' 2.5".....2nd percentile
This child was born weighing in at 8lbs 4oz, born 2 weeks early!  He has never been referred to as "big" again.

Aiden- @4 years old- Weight, 30lbs 11.2oz....10th percentile  Height, 3' 5.5"......8th percentile

I do believe that unless Ry has a growth spurt soon, Aiden will be passing him in height.  Rylan only has 3 inches on him and they can technically wear the same pants.  It's getting tough for me to remember who gets what in the laundry pile!!  So sad for Rylan  :(  Lucily, he has not realized anything yet.  AND he still has plenty of time to "catch up".  (me trying to stay positive)  I was the smaller Big sibling too, so I feel for him.  But it will be harder growing up smaller as a boy.  It's just my stupid genes cursing him.  Oh well, he is brilliant like his Daddy so it will all work out.

Karis- (we'll throw her in here just for fun...I find the development of a baby to be SO amazing)  I am 22 weeks pregnant with her today.  She's weighing in around 1lb. now and is almost 12" long.  She now resembles a tiny newborn, most features fully developed.  Her tiny ears can even hear us now.  She could be in there sucking her thumb, sticking out her tongue or playing with her toes.  She also has developed the ability to grab with her hand...babies practice this on the umbilical chord (perfectly safe).  Her eye lids are still closed, her eyes are fully developed but currently have no pigment in the iris.  She also is growing hair now, which also has no pigment at his point. (Rob is hoping for a little girl with my eye and hair color....very little chance of that with his dark hair/dark eyes dominant genes)  I can easily feel her kicks and rolls now (others can too!) which is very reassuring that she's doing great in there!  I go to sleep at night to her giving me her good night taps...such an awesome feeling!!!  She will be gaining her body fat, filling out her beautiful features and continuing to develop internally.  18 more weeks until her due date....that does not seem like very long when we started at 40!!! 

We are so thankful to have been blessed with healthy children!!!

2 comments:

Adrianne P. said...

You are such a proud, loving, wonderful mom!!! I'm such a sap, but I teared up reading about your kids!! Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who cares so much and loves them beyond belief!!! :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear they are all doing so well:) Are boys are at opposite ends of the spectrum...mine are always in the 90%+ for everything. We are growing some massive people in this house!